Ah, a brand new year. Full of possibilities and excitement. Like with all transitions though, that excitement often carries with it seeds of apprehension and intimidation. “What if it doesn’t work out? I never stick to my resolutions anyway.”
While we know that change is available to us at any time, January brings with it an ever-renewed hope that this will be the year it actually happens. And so, many of us start to focus on everything we’re going to change this year: eat healthy foods, work out every day, be more organized, have a routine, save money, travel… the list goes on. More often than not, we don’t end up doing all these things, and sometime around mid-February, we sort of forget that we even tried. And so, business as usual.
This isn’t a post about how to make your resolutions stick this year. I’ve actually given up on having a “resolution” as such, and now I focus more on a theme for a year, and how I can be more present on a daily basis. I came up with the following questions to help me get a sense of who I want to be this year, beyond “fit, healthy, organized and perfect.” I just want to be me, and experience life to its fullest - the ups, the downs, and everything in between.
1) What do I want to accomplish this year?
2) What is one goal I want to achieve by June 30, 2017?
3) What is one goal I want to achieve by December 31, 2017?
4) How will I contribute to a better society this year?
5) How will I carry myself?
6) What characteristics do I want to embody?
7) Whom will I surround myself with?
8) How will I take care of my body?
9) What new places will I explore? A new corner of my own city? A new country?
10) What am I most looking forward to in 2017?
If you are looking to be a happier, healthier version of yourself in 2017 - but aren't sure where to start - email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and request a free consultation! I'm here to hold you accountable to being your best you this year.
Happy New Year!